Just a few of our Favorite Healthy Local Dining Options
- Desert Roots Kitchen: Desert Roots is aptly named. Its owner, Leslie Robin, opened this vegetarian restaurant on Mill Avenue after obtaining a degree in nutrition from ASU.
- Pita Jungle: This healthy Valley staple has been around for over two decades, and boasts 20 locations. With a primarily Mediterranean menu, Pita Jungle offers plenty of feel-good options.
- Sweet Tomatoes: As a salad bar buffet, Sweet Tomatoes’ food is what you make it. Will you select a pre-made tossed salad or build a colorful plate of your own? The choice is yours.
- True Food Kitchen: The brainchild of restaurateur Sam Fox and the University of Arizona’s holistic medicine guru Dr. Andrew Weil, True Food Kitchen has both style and substance. Its menu takes inspiration from Dr. Weil’s evidence-based anti-inflammatory diet.
- Flower Child: Another Fox restaurant concept, Flower Child serves fresh, healthy salads, soups, bowls, and wraps in an upbeat atmosphere.
The restaurants above are just to name a few… ask your dietitian for some additional local favorites for healthful and delicious places to eat! 🙂