- Kosher salt
- 1 pound baby new potatoes
- 2 c. leftover rotisserie (or other cooked) chicken, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 4 cups watercress, baby arugula, or other greens
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot with about 1 inch of water. Cover pot and bring water to a boil. Add potatoes, cover, and stem until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, mustard, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Add asparagus and chicken to the potatoes in the steamer, cover, and steam about 3 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender and chicken is warmed through.
- Spread greens on a large platter. Top with potatoes, asparagus, and chicken and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.
Warm Chicken Salad with Asparagus and Creamy Dill Dressing
March 13, 2018